Effective Support is in search of experienced Remote Support Technicians. As a member of the Remote Support team, you will be responsible for providing a high level technical support and customer service to Effective Support customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot issues involving desktops, laptops and network services. You need the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment. You will provide Windows & Macintosh desktop and application support. Tasks will include client system administration and technical support for all enterprise application, desktop, laptop and mobile device support. You will assist in developing, documenting, implementing standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines based on interactions with customers. Effective Support has a very broad customer base, so it is critical that you successfully communicate with individuals who range from non-technical to very technical. You will be an active advocate for the customer. You will be responsible for the timely resolution of customer problems. You will provide case status updates to management and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate with customers via phone, chat and email.
- Perform software installations.
- Troubleshoot computer problems.
- Determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.).
- Advise users on appropriate action.
- Document resolutions for future reference.
- Link calls to known issues.
- Participate in assigned projects.
- Identify process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in 24X7 environment including night shifts.
What You Need to Succeed
- College degree and at least 3 years technical support experience.
- Extensive experience with Windows XP/Win 7 and Macintosh OS X.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 2007/10 with Outlook in an Exchange environment.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Proven communication skills, specifically in the areas of active listening and open questioning.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills: telephone, customer service, conflict management, and negotiating.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- High level understanding of business functions and the ability to discern impact of user requests and defects in IT infrastructure on the business.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills on workstation, client/server and business applications.
- Ability to use available tools to provide rapid resolutions.
- Broad current knowledge of information technology products, services, and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly and effectively absorb and apply knowledge in a rapidly changing IT environment.
- Quickly learn and accurately follow established procedures and Problem Management process.
- Ability to communicate technical information in an easy to understand manner.
- Windows scripting
- Unix scripting
- Knowledge on windows registry
- Experience in a Remote Support /Technical Support environment
- Knowledge of remote support tools
- Familiarity with telecommunications services including VOIP, wireless and video conferencing.
- Familiarity with security services including Anti-Virus, VPN, OTP tokens and Digital Certificates.